Thursday 15 March 2012

Okay na! Oooosshhhheeee!!!! ‘I Own Mo’Hits and Don Jazzy is My Artiste’interesting!

Our husband has gone mad again....
March 12, 2012, recorded an unusual turn in a very tight and professional friendship as D ’banj claims to own the record label Mo ’Hits and also takes the responsibility of signing the label’s artistes including Don Jazzy.
Although the rift was said to have been on before now, the statement came that day as a shock.
 ahhhhh!!!!! D' banj.... 

“Coming from Africa I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’ Hits with my artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D’Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of God.” D’banj tells Ebony Magazine.


The pop star goes on to talk about his entrance into the US market and his signing with Kanye West’s label G.O.O.D. Music during the interview.
D’banj, apart from referring to Don Jazzy as ‘his artiste’, does not mention or credit the producer in any other part of the interview.
His claims during the interview, however, contradict the generally held view that D’banj and Don Jazzy co-own the label, with Don Jazzy acting as President while D’Banj is Vice President.
The pair, who started out about nine years ago when D’banj released his hit single ‘Tongolo’ have made headlines in recent times, with sources saying they are currently on the verge of breaking up, following seemingly irreconcilable differences.
According to D’banj,” Coming from Africa I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’ Hits with my artistes Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D’Prince and K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of God’.
“Being with Kanye for the last eight months and me leading a successful label in Africa, I’ve learned a lot and I believe people will see what we’re going to do. I signed with Kanye in June and that same month I won the BET Award for Best International Act.
“My New York concert isn’t done by G.O.O.D. Music, it’s done by Live Nation, meaning I’m already a moving machine. So who’s better to introduce me to the global stage than Kanye West, a crazy genius?” he said.


It remains uncertain whether D’Banj was actually laying claim to fully owning Mo’Hits, attempting to set the records straight, following recent controversies surrounding he and Jazzy, or he was quoted out of context by the interviewer. But, curiously, apart from referring to Don Jazzy as ‘his artiste’, D’banj doesn’t mention or credit the producer in any other part of the interview.
It is generally believed that D’banj and Don Jazzy co-own the label, with Don jazzy acting as President while D’Banj is Vice President. They’re the label’s only known directors.
The pair, who started out about nine years ago when D’banj released his single ‘Tongolo’ have made headlines in recent times. Sources say they’re currently on the verge of breaking up, following seemingly irreconcilable differences

 bitting the fingers that fed you ba?
im just saying oooo....
pls you guyz should resolve o.

No comments:

Post a Comment